Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Make It Monday- Creating Large Frames with Smaller Frame Stamps

Hi there!
I'm sharing my project for the current Make It Monday challenge with you today. The challenge is to take a smaller frame stamp, and make a larger frame from it, using some creative stamping.
I can say my stamp collection is seriously light on frame images, as I was beginning to wonder whether I was going to find anything useful. However...
The rectangular frame image from PTI's anniversary set, Pretty Peonies, turned out to be quite lovely for this technique, and I used it to make my sweet hubby's birthday card (his birthday is in just a few short days). Here is my card:
I chose to make something fairly clean and simple, not my favorite type of card to make, but {sigh}, this is supposed to be a masculine card after all...
What's in it: (all supplies are from Papertrey Ink, except the markers)
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, New Leaf, Kraft, Blueberry Sky
Stamps: Pretty Peonies, Mat Stack 4 Collection, Delightful Dahlias, Masculine Motifs
Inks: Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, New Leaf, Enchanted Evening, True Black
Dies: Delightful Dahlias
Markers: Copic
Have a truly blessed day; I hope to chat at you again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Kay. Your frame is lovely and I really like those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great frame and I really like the way you repeated the leaves as an embellishment

    ReplyDelete