Saturday, February 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop- Interactive cards

Happy Saturday to you!
It's time once again for one of my favorite days of the month, the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.
This month's theme is interactive cards.
I'm going to be honest here, my heart sank when I heard the theme.
Interactive cards and I aren't exactly BFFs, but it's difficult for me to resisit a PTI blog hop, so I created my son's birthday card (he turned 19 yesterday, btw) with an interactive feature on both the front and inside of the card. Here 'tis:
I fashioned a money holder from the seed packet die, which rests nicely between the foam squares of my main panel.
For the inside, and this is the part you really shouldn't laugh at, you'll see why the interactive features and me don't get along so well:
I die cut a circle from the Limitless Layers 2 1/2" dies, and then cut it into the spiral.
What's in it: (all supplies are from Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Rustic White, Kraft
Stamps: Boy Basics: Simple Circles, Think Big Favorites #12, Grunge Me, Star Prints, Postmarks
Inks: Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft
Dies: Seed packet, By The Numbers, Limitless Layers 2 1/2", Stars
Impression Plate: Animal Prints
That's it for now.
Thanks for taking a peek, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

28 comments:

  1. Really cute card, I love how you stamped the coil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fabulous job with this! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday card! Perfect for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kay, great card! i love your color scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No laughing on my part, Kay. I think your card is great! Love the interactive portion. When I hand cut spirals, they turn out very jagged--yours looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combo. Great idea putting the numbers on the pop up spiral.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cool! Love it! What a great way to show the birthday year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great guy's card! And fantastic idea to tuck the card holder in between:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did with the pop up and the idea of the card holder is super! Really fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great fun card and I love the surprise when you open it , did the same to mine. Great guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun and Fabulous card, Kay~you really created a great card! Shouda stopped by here before attempting a card for this Hop :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that impression on the front over the stamping and then to have the numbers popping up on the inside is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I think you did a great job on the Hop challenge with this card for your son. The colors are awesome, and I love the background texture with the circles. Nice job, and happy birthday to your son! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card. This looks very fun, and I think your pop up and pull out features are great. Especially the feature with the money!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're making me wish I had ordered the pop-up die! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colourful pop up inside :) Beautiful card, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the fun pop up numbers insdie the card. Way to rock out the PTI blog challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny, I love the way you put it, we're not BFFs either! :) But this turned out wonderfully well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! I especially like the inside. I bet your son loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! I especially like the inside. I bet your son loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not laughing either :) Awesome card! Happy Birthday to your DS :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so great, Kay! I love how you used the number dies with the spiral. So fun! Check out my blog today... there is an award for you! :) http://pinkinkoriginals.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete