Friday, April 11, 2014

Make It Monday Diamonds

Hi there, me again! I've got my final card for this week's Make It Monday challenge.
This is one of those rare occasions that I run out of time before running out of ideas, rare, very rare indeed.
I won't be around this weekend, so this is it for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed making mini paper quilts, and hope I haven't bored you too much.
This one has no particular named pattern, I just wanted to use those diamonds again, and using the cut cover plate allows them to be lined up so perfectly.
I'm thinking about making some of these for Christmas cards...
One thing I learned with this card- make sure your little quilt pieces are firmly adhered to your card before doing your embossing. Otherwise they might squirm around a bit, like some of my corner pieces did. Boo-hiss!
 

This ended up being a fairly productive week for me card-wise {happy sigh}, not so much for the rest of my house, seems it doesn't clean itself. {unhappy sigh}
Worst of all is my studio. It literally looks like a patterned paper factory exploded in here. So I guess I will say goodbye for a couple of days. Thanks for hanging out with me this week.

What's in it:
Cardstock: PTI- Stamper's Select White
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye- Home
Stamps: PTI- Happy Harlequin
Inks: PTI- Hibiscus Burst; Versafine- Onyx Black
Dies: PTI- Cover Plate: Harlequin, Cover Plate: Quatrefoil, Tag Sale 7
Baker's twine- PTI- Pure Poppy baker's twine

8 comments:

  1. I have loved all of your cards, and I hope you don't mind, but I've Case'd one of your cards--the Tumbling Blocks. It's not posted, but is on my blog along with the one card I did post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minute I saw this card, I hought of Christmas! I love it to bits and, no, you haven't bored me at all this week. Each card has been sensational; obviously you have loved this technique (so have I, just a little)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not bored and have loved all your creations! I loved this technique too and I'm afraid my craft room looks a bit like a bomb went off also...oh well, it was a great week! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like you any more Kay! you make me feel bad about myself!!

    JUST KIDDING I'm actually bowing! these cards are so perfect I wish this challenge would never end!! Because I love all the beautiful quilts being shared!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfectly lovely 'quilt card' Kay! Love the corner idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should get a special award for the most creative cards using the MIM technique. This is another beauty.

    PS - It would make a fabulous Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A charming card. PTI this week is so fun, too bad I am away and couldn't play along, but it is nice to see yours!

    Sending love from Vancouver! : )

    ReplyDelete