Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Make It Monday- Heat Embossing on Die Cuts

Hello out there; I hope you are having a great Wednesday!
I have a card made for the current Make It Monday challenge from Papertrey Ink, heat embossing on die cuts and/ or two step stamps.
I really enjoyed Erin's tips for embossing the die cuts without burning your fingers; I'm just embarrassed I hadn't thought of it before, especially considering I've had scorched fingertips on numerous occasions.
I was in a "pink" mood, so here she is:
Let me pass on a little tip- If you stitch the double layered circles, and then lift the edges of the top circles toward the center (for a bit of dimension)- BE GENTLE. I'm afraid I must have been too rough with my circles, so a couple of them are crinkled.
Here's a better look at the embossing:

I also paper pieced my little embossed cupcake, which gave me multiple opportunities to try out this new (to me) technique for embossing my die cuts. I will definitely do them this way going forward.
One more photo:
A little cupcake love. I love that cupcake image, how 'bout you?

What's in it:
Cardstock: PTI- Stamper's Select White, Sweet blush, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz
Patterned paper: PTI- (from pattern packs)- Sweet Blush, Classic Kraft, Limeade Ice
Stamps: PTI- Baby Button Bits, Tag-its #3
Inks: PTI- Sweet blush, Raspberry Fizz; Versamark
Embossing powder: Filagree- White
Dies: PTI- Cover Plate: Circles, Baby Button Bits, Victorian Lace border
Buttons: PTI- Raspberry Fizz vintage buttons

7 comments:

  1. What a happy card with the patterned backgrounds and yummy paper pieced cupcake - love your sewn circles banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Couldn't imagine a prettier or more feminine bd card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Kay! Love the colors, embossing, and layered circle banner detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is really sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! as always!! : ) Your banner is too too sweet!

    Patti

    BLOG CANDY! at my blog : ) For a chance to win simply stop by and leave a comment on my latest post! Hope to see you there : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, this is SO adorably SWEET! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete