Friday, April 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop

Hi there! Not only is it Friday, but it's also blog hop time!
The theme this month is Embroidery Inspiration. Oooh, there's another thing I wish I could do well, but I only know the basic embroidery stitches. Fortunately for us, no stitching is required for this challenge. Here is the photo that was the inspiration for my card:
This is just a small segment of delightful embroidery on THIS spectacular quilt:


My brain immediately went to the Doodlie-do stamp set when I saw this, and I've been so preoccupied with quilts lately. I started buying fabric to build up my "stash", and was inspired by the color combo on a Moda Baby Jane charm pack. (yum). So here is my card:
So now I'm off to view all the other projects and maybe browse the web for a few more scrumptious fabrics... have a super weekend!

What's in it:
Cardstock: PTI- Stamper's Select White
Patterned paper: PTI (from pattern packs)- Soft Stone, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy
Stamps: PTI- Doodlie-do, Polka Dot Basics
Inks: PTI- Soft Stone, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow
Dies: PTI- Doodlie-do, Chevron Stripes border die

22 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful! I love EVERYTHING about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fresh and pretty --- and I have to agree with Lindsey -- so delightful! Fabulous card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see Doodle Do on another great card, I regret not getting it into my cart! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think a card could get any more brightly and happily appealing! Love your combination of stamps, dies and dottings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is fabulous!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every detail of this fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! And now I want a quilt like your card! So totally fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah! finally here to see what you've done this week!! and not a bit disappointed : ) Wonderful card

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pairing of a graphic chevron image with the folk arty flower - fabulous color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kay, this is terrific! Love the combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty! Love the colors and different elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now you've convinced me that I need Doodlie Doo! Love your interpretation of the challenge. The quilt pictured is gorgeous - is it yours?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh what a beautiful design! One of these days I am going to get that set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FUN design! I love the "yummy' color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! Perfect interpretation of inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, Kay! LOVE the design and the arrows and the colors! FABULOUS creation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! This is so BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE your Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, this card just makes me happy! What a great design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just too sweet...I love your choice of colors and BTW, I love your blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love this! Every detail is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Kay, thanks for all your nice comments on my blog :-)
    I add you to my reader list, so many nice things here to see :-)
    This card looks beautiful with all the fresh colors, love it.

    ReplyDelete