Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Make It Monday- Artsy Watercolor Backgrounds

Hello again, I hope you're enjoying your Wednesday so far.

I'm sharing my card for this week's Make It Monday challenge, the artsy watercolor backgrounds.
While I was watching Betsy's video for this fun technique, I immediately knew I wanted to use the new Life is Beautiful butterflies. I only hoped my PTI order would get to me in time (this was on Monday). Well, fortune smiled on me- I received my order Monday! I tore open the box, fished out the Life is Beautiful stamp set, and got to work.
Good grief, I just can't describe how much I love these beautiful images. I do love me some butterflies.
I think I had the most fun making the little inky splatters, the sheer randomness is quite liberating.

I added some glitter, and tossed a few sequins at it. I really want to more of these in a variety of color combos- just SO fun.

8 comments:

  1. Georgeous card! The sparkles plus watercolor work together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning! Love the added glitter and those butterfly images really are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. Butterflies are my favorites too. I do have them in my shopping card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely butterflies, Kay. The glittery butterflies are beautiful with your random splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear! I do not need another butterfly stamp! LOL! You have made me want these butterflies with this beautiful card! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! I LOVE how you used the new butterfly stamps on this. I wasn't going to get it but now I think I NEED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry I didn't get this set. This turned out beautiful..

    ReplyDelete